In the previous article we have learned how to create a Paragraph Text Style and a shortcut so that this can be easily used apply specific text properties to a paragraph in a text frame. If still you have not read the previous article you can find it at the link here http://mayihelpyou.oodus.com/creating-paragraph-text-style-and-steps-how-to-use-a-paragraph-style/. And I am sure you have like the way and idea to perform the typesetting faster, now here in this article we will learn how we can modify a Paragraph Text style we have already created… so that the text properties applied in a text frame gets automatically updated..
So if you recall from the previous article, where we have created an A level Heading paragraph text style and have applied it to the some headings as shown in the above picture (Heading with magenta colour). With in the above picture you may easily find that I have applied the paragraph text properties A level heading three times just on a single page and to modify them with different text settings I don’t need to modify each and every text selection one by one. What I will do here is, only modify the Paragraph Text Style A level heading and trust me you will see all the elements to which this property applied will change at once.
Below are the steps on how you can modify a Paragraph Text Style (Here plz keep in mind that I am continuing this article from where I have left it from the previous one… )
- First of all you have to open the paragraph text style panel; to open Go to Type > Paragraph Text Style or alternatively you can also use F11 shortcut key.
- To the window opened, double click on the A Level Heading created in the previous article.
- While you double click on the A Level Heading this will come up with a windows to which you already familiar. Here you don’t need to change anything but have to locate Basic Character Formats from the left pane as shown in the below image after this paragraph. There you will find several text properties like Font Size, Font Properties (Bold Italic etc..) Leading etc. Here you can change whatever you want.
- Once you modify the text properties you can modify Before Paragraph settings and after paragraph settings using Advanced Character Formats of the left pane window (We will discuss it later in detail in the next article).
- Now to modify colour , look down in the same left pane window to Character Color and click on it and then from the right pane choose the desired colour. That’s it and plz note to have a live preview of the changes you have made click on the check box provided at the bottom right corner, Preview and this will give you a live view.
- Now the last step is click ok to save the Paragraph Style permanently.
And for the remaining settings we will discuss them all in next article.
More tips from DTPtips.com
Like the movie...rate it now